Pages


Friday, March 4, 2011

Feng Shui: Can I be bothered?


Feng Shui: Can I be bothered?
Some years ago a friend gave me a loan of a book called Creating Sacred with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston.  As I took the book into my hand I said “looks interesting” but thought don’t think I’ll be bothered.  I had some kind of notion the this might be for bordering weirdo’s or maybe those hadn’t much to do with their time.  Then my friend said the writer lives part of the year in Bali and refers to it quite a bit in the book, now this was a different story my interest grew immediately.  I have been to Bali once and absolutely loved the place, the people and a sense of harmony that exists there that I find hard to put words on, any book that would take be back to the Balinese memory could only be good. 
I was ready to read with interest and enthusiasm.  The book had plenty full of concepts I never came across before but it felt like they made sense and certainly changed how I feel my environment and started to wake me up to my own power in changing the quality of the environment by making small adjustments.  It introduced me to the notion that clutter is stuck energy and that by clearing the clutter externally I help move energy and don’t allow an unhealthy stagnation to exist.  I find it a great help when spring cleaning to remember that a clear out is helping us on much more that just a physical level.
So what is Feng Shui?  It is the study of movement of energy and how the environment in which we live has an effect on our physical, emotional and spiritual well being.  On Sat 25th there is a one day workshop in Croi Anu which is an introduction to Feng Shui and those taking part will be working on the floor plan of their own house.  Oonagh Kavanagh is the Feng Shui consultant facilitating the days.  Find workshop details click here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment